forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

files@

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilfried Linder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: files@ Reply with quote

Just a remark: It seems that the return value number_of_files is not initialised in the routine files@. It would be nice to set this value to zero just at the beginning of the routine:

Code:
      program test

IMPLICIT NONE

integer*2      M_1(1000)
      integer*4      M_2(1000)
      integer*4      nof   ! number_of_files

character*120  afile(1000)
      character*120  string

string = '*.xxx'
      call files@(string,nof,1000L,afile,M_1,M_1,M_1,M_2)
      print*,nof

end

Regards - Wilfried
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilfried,

You should check the documentation for FILES@, as both N and NMAX are INTEGER (KIND=2), which is INTEGER*2, not INTEGER*4.

Only today I again came across the limit of NMAX < 32,768, being limited to 32,767 entries in a directory. I'm not sure if a directory in Windows 7 can have more entries.
My test that N < NMAX failed, so I increased the size of NMAX from 25,000 to 40,000 in my include file, without checking, as a call required more than 25,000.
I now have 32,000 and that is working for my directory scan at the moment.

It would be a nice change if integer*2 could be replaced by integer*4 generally in the library, as is generally in clearwin and observed by Dan.

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a quick look at the code for FILES@ which indicates that the number of files will be returned as zero when this is the case. Please let me know if using INTGER*2 does not fix the problem.

The use of INTEGER*2 arguments goes back to DBOS days. Although DBOS was a 32 bit extender for the existing Win16, presumably it was necessary to use existing 16 bit graphics routines. DBOS graphics routines were ported to ClearWin which later formed a part of ClearWin+.

As a result there are a number of library routines that pass 16 bit arguments and users do need to be aware of this legacy.
Wilfried Linder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, using integer*2 for number_of_files solves the problem. Thank you, John. So it was my mistake...

Regards - Wilfried
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: