forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can linker be more specific ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Can linker be more specific ? Reply with quote

I get linker diagnostics which looks like this

WARNING - Common block "ZWADLPRIORITY/" was previously defined in object file c:\XXXX\YYYY\ZZZZ.obj as size 8288 but is now defined as size 7880 (c:\XXXX\YYYY\AAAA.obj)

WARNING the following symbols are missing:
MODULE MSW32PRM c:\XXXX\YYYY\ZZZZ.obj (c:\XXXX\YYYY\ZZZZ.FOR)
MODULE CLRWIN c:\XXXX\YYYY\ZZZZ.obj (c:\XXXX\YYYY\ZZZZ.FOR)
IZZZMINC c:\XXXX\YYYY\AAAA.obj (c:\XXXX\YYYY\AAAA.FOR)
IZZZMAXC c:\XXXX\YYYY\BBBB.obj (c:\XXXX\YYYY\BBBB.FOR)
TTREZPART1 Linker generated

It is very very hard to find where these violations happen if Fortran files contain hundreds of subroutines. Can linker say in which specific subroutine instead of specific file violations actually took place ?

Want even some fun? I tried and could not find the place for couple above warning which say i am missing major compiler modules like CLRWIN somewhere LOL. All works fine but these warnings are here for YEARS!
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the problem of trying to debug a large amount of legacy code that was developed using a third party compiler.

I will put your request on the wish list.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Will be glad and appreciate very much. That will also definitely improve user-friendliness of the compiler for large codes which often have large Fortran source files with multiple subroutines in each.

Also , if you look at this list above, what is the strange unusual warning at the end:

"TTREZPART1 Linker generated" ?

TTREZPART1 is one of subroutines, what is wrong with it?

The only what i could imagine as unusual here - it was intended to be one of two subroutines working in parallel in two threads in NET...So is this NET related warning?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: