forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

user_surface and select_graphics_object@
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Thanks very much for all your help and the time you have spent with this problem. I will try the DIB interface, by using the approach of:
Code:

call GET_GRAPHICAL_RESOLUTION@ ( AW, AH )

ALLOCATE ( PARRAY(3,AW,AH), STAT=ERCODE )

call RECOVER_DIB_BLOCK@ ( X,  Y,           &   !  position 0,0 on the current graphics device
                               PARRAY,          &   !  character array(3,AW,AH) to receive the DIB_Block
                               AW, AH,          &   !  dimension of PARRAY
                               AX, AY,          &   !  position 1,1 in parray
                               AW, AH,          &   !  size of block to be transferred
                               FUNCTION, MODE,  &   !  0:replace pixels, 0:use palette
                               ERCODE )

After modifying the DIB, I can return this using DISPLAY_DIB_BLOCK@

I am assuming that the "current graphics device" is the same as the "current drawing surface" and can be selected by SELECT_GRAPHICS_OBJECT@

This should work for both the %gr or create_graphics_region approach to give a reasonably quick recovery and update of the surface.

One last question for a while as I now want to get the DIB approach working; If create_graphics_region@ uses CreateCompatibleBitmap, what efficiency should I expect from RECOVER_DIB_BLOCK@ if direct addressing is not available ? Or is there an API routine that does this as well ?

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: