forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with running Fortran 77

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miriam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Problems with running Fortran 77 Reply with quote

Hello,

I got a couple of codes written in Fortran 77. I have to run them in order to use the data they produce. The problem is that Plato does not recognize the code as code. My guess is that Plato sees only characters and does not recognize that is a standard command like "if" or "do" or "end" or "call"...
There is a margin in every line differently, if I make it larger, Plato could recognize that line as code. But I can not do this manually for the huge programs I have.

Can you please help me!!

Miriam
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem could relate to mixing up fixed and free format. F77 should be in fixed format. You should review what the fixed format restrictions are.

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plato is an editor that allows you to view and edit your code.

You can use Plato to access FTN95 that compiles your code etc. in order to create an executable program. All you need to do is click on the Build button on the toolbar and then click on the Start button.

If the compilation process fails then this could be because old code will be "Fixed Format". For Plato and FTN95, a file that has a .for extension is assumed to be Fixed Format. Simply changing the name of the file may solve your problem.

Another common problem is that some code files contain TAB characters rather than spaces. Note also that fixed format files use statements that begin at column 7 or after (and before column 72).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: