forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has %gi disappeared again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Has %gi disappeared again? Reply with quote

FTN95 v 6.0 (PE) complains about it.

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can test this but it is more likely that you have accessed an old salflibc.dll by mistake.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, quite likely on reflection. Didn't think of that. Thanks.

However, this brings up an interesting issue. I've been using 4.90 quite happily. Somewhere in the setting up of toolbars, I have this awful pair of WINIO@ calls:

Code:
       i=WINIO@('%fn[Arial]%ts%`ap%`bg%tc[black]%22`rs%sf&',
     &          0.9D0, 70.0D0, 1.65D0, RGB@(238,238,243), SSTOT)
       i=WINIO@('%ap%bm[TB]&',0,0)

The first statement simply puts an updatable message SSTOT (character*(22) ) onto a toolbar, the second statement slides a bitmap underneath it - the bitmap contains an elegant "cartouche" to outline the message.

(Actually, there are several versions of this pair of statements, as the scaling is different if large_fonts are enabled).

Unfortunately, with 6.00 there are several extra lines of pixels underneath the %rs text which then overwrites the border of the cartouche. I also seem to have a salflibc.dll for 5.20, and this does the same as 6.00.

My workaround was to continue to use 4.90! I suppose I'll need to ponder on another solution.

Eddie

More thoughts: %ws does the trick, but isn't updatable by WINDOW_UPDATE@ (SSTOT). %st also appears to do the job, although the positioning is different to %`rs, and it is updatable, so it is the final solution. I wonder why I didn't use %st in the first instance? More to the point, why couldn't I find the [no_additional_space] setting in Clearwin.enh the first few times I read it?

E
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and after a lot of work, torn out hair, muttered expletives etc, I have had to go back to %`rs because it does what I need to.

However, I still have those extra pixels under the text. They definitely arrived some time after v4.90, and they are completely surplus to requirements. Did you (Paul) ever find out where they came from? (and is there a chance that they could disappear equally mysteriously?). Probably not, as I suspect they were slipped in so that one might have (for example) double underline as a "future enhancement".

Problem is slightly compounded by the fact that the vertical coordinate in %`ap won't position to the nearest pixel, but rather it jumps by 2 pixels. So, with the coordinate at 1.62487D0 the position is 2 pixels different from when the coordinate is 1.62488D0 - i.e. the implicit jump of 1/100000 of the character height = 2 pixels!

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The output looks OK on my screen.

It probably depends on the screen resolution and small adjustments may be required to the %ts value for different resolutions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: