forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If exe destination is "non-standard"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucebowler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: If exe destination is "non-standard" Reply with quote

I've created a project and I'd like the executable to NOT be in {project}clearwinwin32, but rather in c:tools. I've set the options so that is where it is built. If I press the "start" or "continue debugging" buttons, it always (regardless if there were any code changes) tells me the project is out of date and asks if I want to rebuild it. regardless if I answer yes or no, I get a pop up telling me "ERROR: The target does not exist". A new exe is built and I can run it just fine outside Plato3, but not from within.

Any idea why?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: If exe destination is "non-standard" Reply with quote

Bruce

Yes. You have found a bug in Plato3. Should be simple to fix.
In the meantime you could try leaving the executable in the default folder and creating a batch file in c:tools to link to it (or some similar work around).

Regards
brucebowler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: If exe destination is "non-standard" Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,

In the mean time, until it's fixed "properly", as long as the path is relative, it works, so I can set the output path to ......toolsproject.exe and it works. Less than intuitive and not exactly *friendly" but it works...

Bruce
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: If exe destination is "non-standard" Reply with quote

I have fixed this for the next release.
brucebowler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: If exe destination is "non-standard" Reply with quote

Thanks! Any idea when the next release will be released???
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: If exe destination is "non-standard" Reply with quote

We have only recently had a release. Another service pack might be provided if necessary.
Send me a message if you are a licenced user and I will try to email you a copy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: