forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Better Visual Studio Integration?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Better Visual Studio Integration? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been using Silverfrost FTN95 for some time now, and my place of business has bought one license and is about to buy another. However in our project we are updating an old scientific model which used to run as a console application with input files, it is now a .NET assembly with a WPF GUI and its functionality is looking very impressive.

However the biggest hassle I have had with this project seems to be the Visual Studio 2010 integration, sometimes it works fine, other times it is useless.

Some problems I have expierianced are:
* Random crashing, having to reinstall Visual Studio and Silverfrost to fix them
* Obscure error messages when compiler limits are hit e.g "Internal Linker Error"
* Not being able to manage code files and references correctly from the Visual Studio 2010 GUI, I then have to manually edit the project file to achieve this

Some things that would be great:
* Better debugging ability when FORTRAN code is entered, etc being able to use the Watch window to evaluate the values of .Net objects such as String's
* Intellisense for FORTRAN keywords and types

Thanks,
Alex.
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any compiler or linker error messages like 'Internal Linker Error;' you should report these as bugs in the compiler or linker.
Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to provide a few more details of the situation you have with VS 2010? What version of Windows, which SP of VS, which CPU etc.? How and when are crashes occurring? Do you have any reproducible situations?

Could you also let us know the details of how files are not being managed correctly in the editor.

In general the VS plugin has been very stable and has had very few problems reported so we need to know these details to be able to look at things any further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: